The Best Red Cabbage Slaw
Growing up in an Italian family, we didn't eat of cabbage. Maybe Gram would make stuffed cabbage once in a blue moon, but that's really it. So my knowledge of what to do with a fresh head of cabbage was pretty limited. However, when I started participating in an organic produce co-op I would get a lot of cabbage. And because I just hating the idea of throwing or giving it away every two weeks, I was determined to figure out something to make with it.
Since then I have learned and come up with a quite a few tasty cabbage recipes. But with summer right around the corner and BBQs even closer (Memorial Day is only a few weeks away!) I thought you all would love this bright and delicious red cabbage slaw that is the perfect side for all your outdoor events. With a small ingredient list that is packed with flavor and simple directions, this is truly The Best Red Cabbage Slaw.
- 1 small head or 1/2 large head of red cabbage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/3 cup veganaise
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, carrots, scallions, lime juice, cilantro, coriander, and dill and mix well
- Then add the veganaise to the cabbage mixture and mix until well combined.
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes, mix well again, and enjoy!